My 1st car

My very 1st car when i was 16 was this 1974 Chevrolet Vega GT & as you can see in the newspaper clipping below, the car was pretty popular in my hometown, scored me some cool points in High School as well. I loved the way the car looked, how it smelled when i started it up, & how that 350 small block sounded, only one "minor"problem... it had stock 1974 brakes :-o




What sparked the idea of me posting this was a text message saying that there's a mint condition white Cosworth Vega for sale, which a Cosworth Vega in white is extremely rare because less than 100 were produced in that color, which makes me want it even more, plus i think $7k obo is a great price.

 Just to get an idea of how awesome this car is if you don't already know, here's a pic off the web of an original 1976 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega in white...



4 comments:

  1. These cars are nice. Check this video out it may interest you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNfdadfX_Do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, right on Super, that Vega was awesome!

      Delete
  2. How rare is to learn to drive in EU compared to EU. We ain't learn with V6's or V8's! Young people just to drive 205 Peugeots, Renault Clios or any or city-friendy-early nineties car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was challenging at 1st, having no experience with a light car with that much horsepower. I'm lucky i never had a serious accident being in such a car at that age... although i did kinda hit a McDonalds pole in parking lot..lol.

      Delete